[We are using a new tool to register/RSVP. You can still see who all is attending and share with others.]
Future Impacts on OD –
Do you ever leave one of our meetings wishing you could delve more deeply into the discussion? We do, and in our next meeting that wish will be granted! At our July luncheon meeting we will further explore some of the future trends suggested last month by Rex Miller, our “futurist” speaker. We will share ideas about how these trends will affect OD, and what we can do NOW to leverage them!
At the meeting, we’ll take time to share how we see these dynamics playing out in our organizations in OD, Change Management, Training, HR, and/or Leadership development. Rex talked about several fascinating trends. We don’t have time to explore them all in depth, so we’ve selected the following topics to discuss at our lunchtime meeting:
- Employee driven engagement — How to ‘engage the disengaged’ by having employees be responsible for their own engagement?
- Building ‘organizational intelligence’ such as Purpose IQ and Emotional IQ in a more virtual/mobile workforce?
- How do we ‘steward the magic’ (like at Google)? i.e. communicating values, culture, and heroes so new (and existing) people embrace the ‘magic’ of our company?
Facilitators: Glen Earl, OD Specialist at Parkland Health and Hospital System, and Marilyn Sutherland. OD and Change Management Consultant at Noah Consulting.
(Please join our LinkedIn Group if you haven’t yet done so, and comment on the discussions.)
Schedule for Thursday’s Luncheon: <– Note this is not an evening meeting!
– 11:15 Networking / Food
– 11:30 Intros / Announcements / Program
– 12:45 Closing and evaluation (end by 1:00)
University of Dallas – Art History Bldg, Room 112 *
1845 East Northgate Drive, Irving, TX 75062 (972-721-5000)
The Art History Bldg is #11 on the campus map.
>> Click for Satellite Map of the building and parking (with lat/long)
Note: Remember – the back of the Art History building faces the parking lot. Go around to the front of the building, which faces the trees, to enter the building (see map). We are just inside the main glass doors.
Parking: Available in various places across the campus.
Cost: No charge for members ($60/year). $10 for guests.
We look forward to seeing you there!